Five Good Reasons to Buy Gold Now
We are often asked, why should I buy gold - is now a good time? Should I stay planted in stocks or bonds? What about currency or even other commodities such as seed or pork bellies? Here’s why.
Our response is quite simple, the facts are today the US dollar is worth 80 percent less than it was 40 years ago - yes, you heard that correctly. The US Dollar continues to aggressively tumble downward. This trend in the decreasing value of the dollar means that a dollar now buys less than five percent of what it did 40 years ago.
Stocks are subject to so many variables such as market trends, company director and management decisions, and so on which all affect company values. Moreover, agricultural commodities are subject to unpredictable and uncontrollable variables like the weather and purchasing behaviors.
Unlike stocks and commodities, gold has not only maintained its purchasing power it continues to outperform the markets. Against a backdrop of decreasing value of currency it can clearly be seen that it is a good time to diversify and add gold to your portfolio.
Here are the top five good reasons to buy gold now:
- INDEPENDENCE. Gold is independent of states, currencies, productivity, and credit worthiness. Some economic or political influences may affect the price of gold, but not its value remains independent.
- RESERVE ASSET. Many experts advise private investors should hold between 5 and 10% of their long term wealth in precious metals. Experience has shown that the regular purchase of gold coins and bars help protect against price and currency fluctuations.
- SECURITY. Gold has always been prized as precious and valuable. Over the years gold has proven itself to be one of the most reliable value assets.
- STABILITY. Despite certain price fluctuations on the open market, the value of gold has remained remarkably stable and has shown repeatedly the tendency to rise.
- LIQUIDITY. Gold is traded around the globe 24 hours a day. Currency will fluctuate in value compared to other currencies, but gold remains stable in actual value regardless of the currency used to measure its worth.
Gold coins and bars are one of the most sound diversification tools in existence today. Contact us today if you have questions or would like to inquire about diversifying your portfolio.